As we know exercising is one of the vital needs of the body, not it gives you a good physical appearance but also helps you have a healthy mind. People who exercise more often live longer compared to those who don’t and when the word exercise comes to our mind it does not necessarily mean you have to go to the gym every day it can be you your personal piece of training equipment as well.
One of the most popular pieces of equipment is an exercise bike and today we guide you on how can choose the Best Exercise Bike for Small Spaces.
Best Exercise Bike for Small Spaces
Most people consider walking and running as basic exercise which is true but that leads them to think that they should consider treadmill as their initial equipment and upon choosing treadmill these face hurdles like hardware maintenance, belt, and motor issues which if not dealt with can cause injury. On the other hand, if you choose an exercise bike that is much easier to maintain and requires less space.
In this article, we will guide you on how you can effectively lose weight using an exercise bike. As you might have heard those who fail to plan are the ones who are planning to fail therefore making an exercise bike workout plan is the basic step. There should be a significant gap between food intake time and exercise time according to the research by Harvard university there should be a gap of 60-90minutes.
What is a Recumbent Exercise Bike ? – Buying Guides Tips
If we look at the research conducted by Harvard Health Publishing, an individual may burn 260 calories while riding at a moderate pace for about 30 minutes. Hence, an individual having a weight of 155 pounds may lose 1 pound of fat when he/she is riding for as little as 7 hours. In case weight is less; the number of calories will burn slower rate and if a person is heavier than the process of burning would be faster.
Here is a sample plan for people who are using an exercise bike for the first time you can start from 30 – 45 minutes workout then you can gradually build upon it.
- You should begin with low intensity pedaling for 5-10 minutes.
- Gradually move to high intensity 75 – 85 rotations for 1 – 2 minutes, repeat.
If you are working on a fat loss it is good to increase resistance levels robustly during a fat loss workout
- Begin with low intensity
- After this, shift to medium intensity for 3-5 minutes.
- Alternate between medium intensity (3-5 minutes) and high intensity (1-3 minutes) for the next 20 to 30 minutes
- Pedal at a low intensity for 5-10 minutes to cool down.
Also, keep safety tips in your mind while exercising, make sure your posture is appropriate so that you do not develop muscle fatigue. If you are not sure about posture watch videos on YouTube or seek guidance from a professional trainer.
Keep the legs moving so that muscle development enhances from your calf while calories burn exercise bike benefits stomach without losing balance.
Do not put too much pressure on newly developed tissues because they may break causing them to swell and drink plenty of water during each interval to avoid cramps in the leg muscles.
We recommend getting a recumbent exercise bike vs upright because most of them are foldable and require less space.
We’re an affiliateWe hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Best recumbent exercise bikes have many health benefits it has been popular with people who have neurological conditions because It is safe and has a low impact on the overall body. The seat on the best commercial recumbent exercise bike is larger as compared to upright bikes which make it comfortable enough for many people. You do not have to hunch over the recumbent bike and it is easier on the lower back and is gentle on joints.
While choosing the best exercise bike for small spaces you will notice certain features which makes them best
- Flywheel: It is an essential part of exercise bike if flywheel is light in weight than it is easier to pedal. It is a big contributor to the weight and cost of a bike as well.
- Seat: It will determine the comfort of your bike. You should be able to move both fore, down, and sideways which makes a bike the best exercise bike for small spaces.
- Size: Nowadays even the bigger sized bikes are foldable so that you carry them where you go. They can fit into a closet or can be kept under a bed.
- Long-Lasting: an exercise bike should have a steel frame preferably made up of Aluminum which should make it light and rust-free.
To give you an idea of what you might choose we want to give you examples to clarify what you can expect in the best exercise bike for small spaces.
- STEP-THROUGH DESIGN – Featuring heavy-duty construction 14-gauge steel tubing with a powder coated finish, the step-through design allows maximum mobility during training for quick mounting and...
- EIGHT RESISTANCE LEVELS – This stationary bike uses a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of resistance. The tension knobs control the difficulty to simulate riding on different terrains and...
This is the best recumbent exercise bike by Marcy it is called ME-709 and has essential features that you could expect from an average recumbent bike. This bike is ideal for the cardio trainer with different resistance levels. Its folding design enables this bike to consume less space. It has functions like distance, speed, calories, and pulse which are battery operated and can be seen through LCD. It weighs only 61 lbs. and can bear a maximum user weight of 300 lbs.
It is one of the best-selling bikes in 2020 mainly because of its quality and price which is just under $200.
- Foldable recumbent exercise bike with quiet V-belt double-drive transmission system
- Precision-balanced flywheel; 8-level adjustable magnetic tension control system
Here is another one that you might want to consider that is Unisex Adult Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike. This bike comes with a balanced flywheel with 8 resistance levels. This is semi-recumbent and foldable to save you space and gives you essential details like time, calories and distance, etc with the help of LCD. It weighs only 43 lbs. and bears a maximum user weight of 300 lbs. for the price under $200 which makes it the best exercise bike for small spaces.
Whether you get a foldable exercise bike or recumbent, exercise is a healthy lifestyle, exercise bike benefits are countless but apart from a health point of view there are many others like it is nonhazardous and you do not have to face dust, snow or other weather conditions. You can adjust the timing schedule as per your availability and you will always be secure within your premises without any uneven slippery roads. Hope you will find this article informative and now you can make a purchase with confidence.
For More information: See