Fold a long coat for travel is something that many travelers run into when packing for their next journey, but it is very easy to fold long coats.
Step 1: take your coat and lay it out on a flat surface, like the floor or bed. If you’re struggling, use an ironing board or clean tablecloth on top of your bed or another flat surface. A hardwood floor works well too.
Step 2: lay the outside sections of the coat down with the inside sections turned inwards. Fold each sleeve in towards the center of the coat several times until covered most by fabric. You may want to pin them with straight pins if they tend to fall open during travel but try not to press flat any sharp edges against your clothes beneath for obvious reasons. The goal here is to get the entire coat as flat and compact as possible.
Step 3: folds needed the bottom section up over the sleeves tuck and then lay it back down again. You should be left with a pretty neat square shape.
Step 4: take each side of the fabric and fold them towards each other diagonally across the front of your long coat, almost like if you were making a paper airplane (or an origami crane). Once you’ve done that, take one side in each hand and pull forward until all excess fabric folds up behind the coat.
The goal here is to get it tight enough where you can pick up your long coat by its center without it flapping open or coming undone. If your fingers stick out, don’t worry. Just tuck them in when you go to pick it up (and be careful with your nails).
Step 5: once you’ve got everything folded tightly, grab the bottom of the coat and fold it up into thirds. When you get to the end, try to make sure that you don’t leave any fabric sticking out. If there is still some leftover once it’s neatly folded (our coats are extra-long), consider folding it in half one more time before placing it in your luggage for travel.
Fold the final flap inward towards the coat itself and then place on top of or beside your other clothing items inside your luggage. Avoid using heavy objects like books to further protect your delicate clothing items by only using lighter things like clothes or towels (if you’re packing a towel).
Step 6: enjoy your trip and keep warm.
Long coat shaped looks like a winter coat about the same size. Winter coat properly used during winter travel.
How to fold a long coat-like suit jacket for travel on the plane
The first thing you want to do when on the plane is to claim your coat upward, just waltz down there with that bright smirk on your face like “here i come every one, hold onto your hats because this is going to be epic.” that way everyone gets into their seats faster and you can sit down earlier. Sometimes the passengers who are seated next to you might think that’s weird but don’t worry about it because they’re probably also trying to figure out what makes you so happy:
1) once you get settled in your seat and fasten your belt (you should always buckle up if possible), take out all of your clothes including folded coat from the carry-on luggage:
2) now put everything back on, one layer at a time. Your coat goes last because it’s bulky and you don’t want to see if your neighbors are staring too much. Just put it on like normal so that they know you’ve got all the tools necessary to be warm, cozy, and stylish.
3) for best results, tuck in your dress shirt inside your pants (if male) or blouse (if female). It will make wearing your coatless uncomfortable because there’s no collar sit poking through the neckline of the coat:
4) make sure your coat backward isn’t covering any part of your belt or waist area. Having something obstructing the buckle is rather dangerous not only for yourself but also for other passengers who might need emergency help during a flight.
5) ensure your coat securely isn’t blocking the back of the seat in front of you, otherwise, they won’t be able to recline. You don’t want that happening because then you’ll have them bothering you with questions about it every five seconds, which will only make you more annoyed and impatient during flight.
6) great job – now just sit there and wait for the plane to take off. Easy, right? No need to help push or pull things along because everyone’s already settled down so you can enjoy your ride)
Shirt style fold horizontally a long coat for travel on the train
1) first of all, plan ahead by checking out what options are available to get where you’re going google maps is probably best at this point because it can provide you with all kinds of different transport methods, prices and the time needed to get there.
2) make sure all your clothes are on including folded coat (if applicable), fasten your belt (and buckle up as i said before if possible), and take your carry-on luggage. If you didn’t already know, each train is slightly different depending on which country you’re traveling in so make sure not to leave anything behind by looking around/under/in front of you before leaving the compartment:
3) high five yourselves for making it this far without any hiccups. Now wait for the train to stop at its destination – this should take no longer than an hour or two at most unless you’re going through a big city. If so, just sit back and relax.
4) once you’ve arrived at your destination, remember to take out everything from the carry-on luggage that you put on before boarding the train:
5) now peel off whatever clothing layer(s) before putting on your coat again. It’s better if you don’t wear suits because it can get rather uncomfortable if you’re wearing a heavy overcoat above a business suit for example. So either wear a blazer or a cardigan if possible:
6) put on your coat like normal – again, make sure there’s nothing obstructing the belt buckle / waist line area, also make sure your coat isn’t covering any part of the seat in front of you:
7) voilà. You’re now ready to go exploring so get out there and soak up the atmosphere of your destination. Have fun.
Fold a long coat for travel on fly
1) make sure to arrive at the airport in time because the process of checking out, boarding and taking off can take a while especially if security has to search you for some reason when going through their metal detector or x-ray machine:
2) once you’ve checked in, head over to security with all your belongings – make sure not to forget anything. Not even coat pockets can be used without having it go through one of their machines. If anything is missing, they’ll assume it’s something dangerous or illegal. Either way, that won’t end well for you after spending two hours packing everything up again before re-checking in 🙁
3) remember to put your coat unzipped on top of everything else in your carry-on luggage because it has nothing to do with the weight limit if you pack it inside:
4) put any metal bits such as belt buckles or studs into a small plastic bowl and ask for some paper so they don’t get suspicious when placing them in the tray before going through the metal detector. Make sure there’s no coins in either side though or their alarms will go off like crazy. If done correctly, security might not even notice and just send you on your way:
5) great work. Now all that’s left is waiting for boarding to begin and then enjoying the flight – feel free to place your coat quickly under the seat when boarding is done and say you were late because you had to look around for a seat and there wasn’t enough time for putting your coat away properly. They’ll understand if it’s an emergency.
Fold a long coat for travel while shopping
1) first things first, check whether or not you need a bag because many shops don’t provide bags anymore to cut down on the amount of plastic that they use which can be harmful for the environment. Even if it is provided, don’t just take one without asking for one then putting your coat inside and carrying it around like that since it’s super suspicious:
2) ask where the dressing room is and what time it closes – make sure not to go over the allowed otherwise security might come looking for you because it’s suspicious if you’re in there for too long.
3) make sure your neatly folded coat isn’t covering any part of the chair which might get people asking questions such as “why is that person not sitting down?” or something like that:
4) put your bag behind a mirror so no one can see what’s inside, especially if they have to go through a metal detector when leaving the store. It has nothing to do with shoplifting – a lot of stores have been known to use mirrors as security cameras without telling anyone so don’t let them find out you have a mirror in your bag when going through their security check when exiting.
5) once again, great work. Now just leave everything where it is and enjoy the rest of your afternoon at the mall.
Left shoulder folded jacket garment bag use for travel
Left shoulder jacket bags are specially designed for keeping clothing in a jacket shape. They can keep ties at the top and shoes in the bottom so that its wearer only need to hold the rope handles and carry it anywhere without any mess.
The full length garment bag is perfect to be used when traveling, attending special occasions or going somewhere in a hurry. You can get this bag in different materials, styles and designs to suit your taste and preference.
Nowadays, left shoulder jacket garment bags come with a detachable tie case for keeping ties in place while their suit jacket forms the bottom of the garment carrier so it would not be wrinkled when carried around. Putting shoes at the bottom is also a good idea when you have no time to iron your good wool jacket combines or polish your shoes.
It is designed in such a way that the wearer would only need to hold it from rope handles and walk anywhere without any concern about wrinkles. However, another benefit to owning a left-shoulder jacket carrier is its compartments.
It can be folded at the front or sometimes in the center, depending on its design. The jacket garment bag comes with smaller compartments for keeping accessories like watches and other small things.
The jacket gently forms the bottom of the carrier while ties are kept in place by a detachable tie case placed at the top. It is designed to keep ties in place and the rolled jacket neat.
Shoes are placed on the jacket carrier’s bottom where its wearer would put their shoes and carry it anywhere without worrying about wrinkles or accidentally stepping on it.
The left shoulder jacket fold garment bag is available in different colors, materials and designs to suit your taste and preference. Like any type of jacket roll, the suit jacket garment bag comes in different cuts and styles.
It is also available in a variety of materials like leather, canvas, silk and suede among others.
The sleeping bag can be used by men on different formal occasions or when traveling. They are functional jacket carriers that allow its wearer to carry jacket without any mess.