How to Break in New Cowboy Boots? Everyone has gone through the process of breaking in new boots. Despite the fact that it’s an essential part of how to wear cowboy boots, it can be quite frustrating. It doesn’t matter if you have the correct size and type of socks, your new pair just doesn’t fit right or last as long as you expect. This actually happens to a lot of people! Here are some tips for getting through it.
What makes your new boot feel uncomfortable?
The first thing that you’ll notice is the often-painful process of breaking in your new boots. Make sure that you have time for this, as it can take up to a week to get them broken in properly.
One of the biggest reasons why boots may feel uncomfortable and not last long is because they’re too tight. If your new pair is really difficult to put on, or if you have any trouble getting your foot through the opening, then it’s likely too small.
Another common problem with cowboy boots is when they are not worn correctly and are scuffed up too easily. If you’re wearing them without socks, or if they’re worn while going to school or work on an office floor, they will wear out faster than expected.
If you want your boots to last longer and look more polished, make sure that you keep them in their original box when storing them away. This will help them maintain their shape better over time!
How to break in cowboy boots
- Set the boots down on a surface that is level and stable for about 10 minutes.
- Walk around in them for about 30 minutes.
- Change socks to ones that are not too thick or thin.
- Step into the boots with just your toes, then remove one at a time and walk around in them for another 20-30 minutes.
- Place socks back on the boots.
- Wet the boots down with water, this will help soften the leather and make it more pliable.
- Apply a conditioning product to the leather of the boots, such as mink oil or neatsfoot oil.
If you follow these steps correctly, you can avoid many of the problems associated with breaking in new cowboy boot styles.
Tips for wearing your new boots
It’s not just about the boots, it’s also about how you wear them. You can’t just cram your feet into a pair of brand-new boots and expect them to last through the day without any issues. If you’re wearing boots for work, you need to break them in with regular wear or similar activities.
Just because your boots are new doesn’t mean they should be on display all day long. You want to make sure that you take care of your investment so that they don’t fall apart too soon. While wearing your new boots around the house for a few hours every day is ideal, you can also do some light chores like vacuuming or dusting to break them in.
Once your boots are broken in and comfortable, you’ll notice they’ll fit better and last longer!
You need your new boots as soon as possible. If you’re not looking for a professional to help you break them in, here are some tips and tricks from a professional boot fitter. Make sure you wear them for a few hours a day for the first few days.
- How To Wear Cowboy Boots Without Looking Country?
- How Are Cowboy Boots Supposed To Fit?
- Sizing Up Your Boots: How to Stretch out Cowboy Boots?
- 10 Casual What to Wear with Cowboy Boots Ideas?
- How to Stretch Cowboy Boots Instep? – The Ultimate Guide.
- What Do Cowboy Boots Say About A Man?
- 10 Most Comfortable Women’s Cowboy Boots