We have put together a simple guide to the best camera for beginner filmmakers. There are countless reasons why a creative person wants to include photography in their portfolio. Of course, it is also possible to take everyday photos with a smartphone to get really exceptional photos, but you need a special camera. Even cheaper cameras offer functions such as optical zoom, improved dynamic range, ultra-fast continuous shooting, and high resolution. Even the best smartphones still can’t keep up.
But which camera should I take? There are many factors to consider: what type of camera do you want? Do you need something portable and light? Do you need high resolution to print images or can you work in low light which is more important to you? Are you only considering still images or videos?
This article will walk you through the best camera for beginner filmmakers. All of our choices are suitable for beginners in photography, but they will grow with you as you improve. Do you already have photographic skills? In our summary, you will find the best cameras for all levels. And while you equip, you can find the best memory cards and photo bags in our instructions.
What is the best type of camera for beginners?
First of all, you need to know what type of camera you want to use since there are many options. For simplicity and portability, there’s a lot to be said for a small camera that you can put in your everyday pocket or even in a spare pocket. Most models have a large zoom range and a built-in flash. Some models offer a viewfinder, which is useful for taking pictures in direct sunlight.
A more versatile option is a system camera with a separate housing and interchangeable lenses. With two or three lenses, you can take it all, from portraits and still lifes to action sports and wildlife to vast landscapes and architectures. So you get great results every time.
They start small, with compact mirrorless system cameras, while DSLRs are a handful. This can be a good thing, as they often feel more comfortable and natural in the hand and the reflex mirror gives you a flawless “through the lens” picture of what you are talking through an optical viewfinder.
The problem with multi-lens camera kits is that you are more likely to leave them at home and miss the photo opportunities. They also have a steeper learning curve, so they are only a good choice if you are serious about photography.
Our selection of the best entry-level cameras includes smart compact cameras with fixed lenses as well as the best-selling DSLRs and mirrorless cameras. start
1. Nikon D3500
- Includes all original accessories plus a 90 Day Warranty
- Nikon D3500 24.2MP DSLR Camera with AF-P 18-55mm VR Lens & 70-300mm Dual Zoom Lens Kit
- In The BOX INCLUDES: D3500 Camera Body | EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery | MH-24 Quick Charger | AN-DC3 Strap | BF-1B Body Cap | DK-25 Rubber Eyecup | AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR | LC-55A 55mm Snap-On Front Lens Cap | Rear Lens Cap | AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED | LC-58 58mm Snap-On Front Lens Cap | Rear Lens Cap | Manufacturer Refurbished 90 Day Warranty
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Nikon D3500 24.2MP DSLR Camera with AF-P 18-55mm VR Lens & 70-300mm Dual Zoom Lens Kit | Sandisk Ultra SDHC 16GB UHS Class 10 Memory Card | Nikon Deluxe Digital SLR Camera Case | 55mm Wide Angle & Telephoto Lens, 55mm UV, Polarizer & FLD Filter kit and More
Getting started with the Nikon D3500 is easy. In addition to a fully automatic “Smart” mode, you can choose from many motif programs and effects.
In particular, there is a guide recording mode that serves as a kind of interactive photo course. With an image sensor and a powerful 24.2-megapixel processor, a generous ISO range (sensitivity), a maximum burst speed of 5 fps and a high-resolution LCD screen, there is also no lack of quality.
However, it is not a touchscreen and a tilt or pan function is missing. Another disadvantage is that the autofocus is relatively slow in live image and film recording mode. Overall, the D3500 is currently the most attractive entry-level camera on the market.
2. Canon EOS 250D (Rebel SL3) DSLR Camera
- 24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor; DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen; ISO 100-25600
- UHD 4K24p Video and 4K Time-Lapse Movie; 9-Point AF System
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF; Up to 5 fps Shooting; Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens; EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens
The Canon EOS 250D is the first entry-level DSLR camera with 4K film capture and replaces the popular EOS 200D in the Canon product line. The two-pixel CMOS autofocus system adopted by its predecessor for live viewing and movie modes makes the camera particularly good for tracking video recordings. Another benefit is the almost silent autofocus performance of the 18-55mm kit lens.
Not only for videos, the 250D is a very successful package for still images. Suitable for beginners with optional usage tips and a creative assistant that works perfectly with the fully mobile touchscreen. The camera can evolve with you as you learn new skills and techniques. Canon’s excellent quick menu provides intuitive, instant access to important settings.
The 250D is one of the most compact and lightest DSLRs on the best camera for beginner filmmakers you can take anywhere. Our only real criticism is that the autofocus system is fairly simple with still images based on the viewfinder and not in live image mode. There are only nine AF points, only one of which is cross-type and can resolve details in the horizontal and vertical planes.
- 24 MP APS C CMOS sensor and Focus Sensitivity Range: EV 0 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.8 lens attached)
- ISO 100 25600 (expandable to 51200). Lens compatibility: Sony E mount lenses
- Hybrid AF with 179 point focal plane phase detection and 25 contrast detect points
- Up to 11 FPS continuous shooting. Battery Life (Still Images): Up to 360 shots.Metering Type:1200-zone evaluative metering
- 3 inch tilting LCD with 921,000 dots.Viewfinder Type: 0.39 in type electronic viewfinder (color)
- In the box: Rechargeable Battery NP FW50; Shoulder strap; Eyepiece cup; Micro USB cable
Since then, many more best camera for beginner filmmakers have been released in the Sony a6000 series. Why did we take them in? Well, it’s still a fantastic machine in itself: a fast, light, and reliable mirrorless camera with an APS-C sensor and a sophisticated autofocus system.
A beginner photographer who wants to have a solid foundation for developing and developing his skills will find all this and more with the a6000.
In addition, this camera can now be purchased at an absolute bargain price with all of the following models that have been brought onto the market.
Equipped with a powerful 24.3 APS-C sensor, the Sony a6000 is an E-mount camera, so that in addition to the 16 kit lens, there is also a fantastic selection of lenses to choose from. Delivered 50 mm. It is an ideal choice for those who want to field; There are not as many guidance modes as other cameras. However, when you are ready to work a little, you will find that it is a worthwhile and powerful imaging device.
- This Jerry DSLR camera set contains a 32 GB high-speed Transcend SD memory card of class 10, a USB card reader, a 58 mm UV filter, a battery, a charger, lens cover and a cover case, luxury -Gadget bag, 7 “FLex Spider tripod, strap, Jerry’s Photo Lens cleaning cloth and contains:
- Canon EOS 4000D / Rebel T100 DSLR camera body (international version) – 18.0 MP APS-C CMOS sensor, DIGIC 4+ image processor, 6.8 cm (2.7 “) TFT-LCD, approx. 230K points, Full HD 1080p video recording at 29.97 frames per second, 9-point autofocus, dual, recording at up to 3 frames per second and ISO 12800, integrated WLAN, automatic intelligent staging
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f / 3.5-5.6 DC III zoom lens – EF mount lens / APS-C format, 28.8-88mm (35mm equivalent), aperture range: f / 3.5 to f / 38, aspherical element, Super Spectra coating, AF system with micromotor, a rounded membrane with 6 blades
- The 18-megapixel EOS 4000D / Rebel T100 makes it easier than ever to write distinctive stories with DSLR-quality photos and Full HD films than you think. Instantly share and take photos using your Wi-Fi enabled smartphone and the Canon Camera Connect app.
- With Scene Intelligent Auto, you can get great results by taking still pictures and photos. Enjoy guided live view recordings in creative automatic mode and add unique surfaces with creative filters. Take photos with confidence and capture the moment you remember with precise autofocus, 3.0 fps and DIGIC 4+. Simply frame your photos with the optical viewfinder and view the results on a 6.8 cm LCD screen
Although the price of a DSLR kit with the best camera for beginner filmmakers body and a zoom lens is remarkably low, the 4000D offers excellent image quality. The fully automatic mode includes intelligent analysis of the scenes in real time. There are also many creative scene modes and filters to choose from.
There is an overview of the built-in features and a creative automatic recording mode that you can use to bridge the gap between standard and advanced mode.
As additional instructions, Canon also offers a Photo Companion app, which you can download for Android or iOS. Overall, the 4000D offers good value for money, but the lens in the kit has no optical stabilization, the frame rate is better for pedestrians and the rear window is relatively small and has low resolution.
- 24.3MP X Trans CMOS III APS C sensor with no low pass filter and X Processor Pro
- 8-way focus lever plus the number of focusing points has been expanded from 49 in previous models to 91 (up to 325 points)
- Built-in Iso dial, incorporated into the shutter speed dial and operating temperature is 0 degree Celsius to 40 degree Celsius (+32 degree Fahrenheit to +104 degree Fahrenheit); Operating Humidity: 10 to 80 Percent (no condensation)
- AF mode(single / Zone / wide tracking).Hot shoe: Dedicated TTL Flash compatible.Exposure control:TTL 256 zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average / Center Weighted
- New np w126s lithium battery; Focus distance Approx. 10-centimeter Infinity / 3.9 Inches Infinity
The Fujifilm X-T100 is one of the best camera for beginner filmmakers. Impressive features include high-resolution thrills, from the 24.2-megapixel APS-C image sensor to the 1040,000 touchscreens with a 3-way tilt to the 2,360,000 viewfinders. The menu also includes 4K shooting UHD, but it is limited to a disappointing and slow frame rate of 15 frames per second.
Other highlights include intelligent scene analysis and intelligent hybrid autofocus, which combines phase and contrast detection for fast and always accurate performance.
The 15-45mm lens is also a pleasure: it offers very good image quality while offering optical image stabilization and a powerful zoom for smooth focal length transitions when recording videos.
Related Post: https://www.vigocart.com/best-video-camera-under-200/
Panasonic’s Lumix DMC-GX80 mirrorless system camera is small and thin (especially if it is equipped with a retractable 12-32mm kit lens), but has a high-resolution electronic viewfinder and touch-tilt screen. It is typical for Micro Four Thirds cameras that they do not have a particularly high number of megapixels for still images. However, like most Panasonic cameras, it is particularly well suited for video recording, so it is a good choice if you want to take photos and videos.
Suitable for beginners, the GX80 is inexpensive and has a clear and simple user interface. The AF light speed system offers fast and precise autofocus. Panasonic’s Post Focus function is also available, which allows you to effectively adjust the focus position after shooting.
Dual image stabilization combines optical correction for still images and 5-axis sensor offset stabilization for film recording. And if you need to capture the last moment in an action sequence,
You can take 4k burst photos at 30 frames per second and extract an 8-megapixel image.
- Blurry and high image and video quality in each scene thanks to 5-axis image stabilization
- Timeless bodywork easy to use anywhere thanks to its robust construction and integrated EVF
- Intuitive operation with fail-safe automatic recording modes and extended photo modes
- High-speed performance for shooting subjects with 121-point autofocus and up to 8.6 frames per second.
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III black compact camera body
One of the advantages of mirrorless Micro Four Thirds system cameras is that they are generally quite small and light. This is certainly the case with the Olympus E-M10, which is already in the third generation. Though small, it is immaculately well built and beautifully decorated in a classic retro style. The lens in the EZ 14-42 mm kit is similarly small, with a retractable design that enables compact storage.
Nevertheless, it has a built-in motor that enables smooth zooming during video recording. The maximum burst rate for still images is 8.6 frames per second, although autofocus may be a little slower than many competing cameras,
Making it difficult to track fast actions. Recording 4K UHD movies is a bonus.
- FAST AUTOFOCUS: Shoot up to 11 frames per second with 425 phase-detection autofocus points and AF speed of 0.05 s
- INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY: The expanded Exmore CMOS sensor with 24.2 MP increases sensitivity and minimizes noise
- ELECTRONIC VISIBILITY DETECTOR: best camera for beginner filmmakers have a high-resolution XGA OLED Tru-Finder for an improved view
- 4K AND HD RECORDING: Record professional content with multiple movie functions and full pixel rendering
- INCLUDING LENS: Sony E-Mount 16-50 mm f / 3.5-5.6 OSS retractable zoom takes photos with breathtaking details
- Approximately. 350 photos (viewfinder) / approx. 400 photos (LCD screen) (CIPA standard)